Sunday, March 1, 2009

Question: When is the best time to make chili in the Middle East?

Answer:  When you can see your breath in the kitchen.

We've had a weekend full of cold days with rain, sleet and occasional snow flurries.  It was a great weekend to stay indoors, especially since I had a 24 hour stomach bug.  On top of that on Saturday we ran out of water, as did many other people in the area, because the water trucks decided to not show up in the bad weather.  After a couple of days without showers we decided it was time to utilize our resources and go to the nearest gym to take a shower.  We bundled up to brace ourselves against the rain, wind and cold, packed some bags and headed out to find a taxi. After being unsuccessful for 10-15 minutes, we decided it was better off to be warm and dirty than clean with possible case of pneumonia.  We finally got enough water today to take a shower but the house is still nice and cold (because it is made of concrete) so we are looking forward to our chili.  And bring on the space heaters!!

1 comment:

clarkfam said...

hey there - tried to call today to wish you a Happy Happy Birthday!!! I just left a message but I really hope you had a nice and special day. we have been thinking about you lately and I showed Cooper some pics on the blog not to long ago and he definitely knows mommy's friend, Laura. Miss You