Sunday, June 28, 2009

A total surprise!

Well it wasn't a surprise for Daniel's parents that we're pregnant, but it was a surprise for us when they came with a suitcase filled with baby shower gifts!  So fun!  So, yes, if you haven't heard, I am 12 weeks pregnant and ready for trimester #2 so I can finally cook for my husband again.  Cooking these days just doesn't sound good to the ol' tummy.  But thankfully eating does.  Most of the time.  OK, well, some of the time.   Things are going well.  We had a check up on Saturday where we got to see the little peanut moving all around - waving, kicking, etc.  Amazing, truly.  I had no idea what to expect during ultrasounds, but wow.  Totally amazing.  

We are very fortunate to have a great doctor who worked in London for 10 years and has been here for a while.  He does ultrasounds at every visit and each visit costs around $25 (and that's before insurance!).  That's why we are planning to have the baby here.  Great doctors, great hospitals, all at a great price.   Some of our colleagues here had a baby recently at the nicest hospital in the city (their room was a suite with a separate receiving room for male visitors, huge flat screen tv's, big windows with great views, two bathrooms) and they ended up having to stay for 5 nights because of some complications.  For five nights (including really good food) they paid a little over two-thousand dollars.  Before insurance.  This kid is going to be cheap!  

The gifts still wrapped rather nicely even after their long trip!

The party - we celebrated with watermelon, fruit spritzers and some sweets.


Daniel's favorite.  Monkeys.

We were so overwhelmed with all the fun things sent from family and friends! 

5 comments:

Linds said...

OK, I've been following the blog for a while now, but this post is comment-worthy! CONGRATS! Children are such a blessing and are such a reward! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well... enjoy every minute of it because it goes by SO fast!

D-Ram said...

When I saw the monkey "one-sy" I knew Daniel would be excited about it. I can see him now jumping around the apartment making noises and scratching under his arm. That's my boy!

Jodi said...

Congratulations you guys! What wonderful news. I'm glad we'll be able to follow your pregnancy and birth on the blog!

Jodi Kendall (Kate's friend) :)

Matt Mooney said...

yea! baby robards

Katie Runnels said...

Wonderful news Laura!! I'm so happy for you-and envious! I've got some catching up to do on your blog! lots of love to you both! xoxo