Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mexican Night

OK, so while we are teaching an English Conversation class, we find out that no one in the class has ever heard of a taco or burrito.  After attempting (and failing) to draw them out on the white board and describe the basic Mexican food staples, I decided that I just had to show them in person.  We planned a big Mexican night at our house with tacos, burritos, salsa, chips and guacamole, the works.  Unfortunately, that was the same day the King and Queen planned their drive through town and most of the streets were blocked off way past dinner time.  Only two of the girls got to come, but it was fun nonetheless.  They were thoroughly amused by the finger foods and wanted to take pictures of EVERYTHING.  I'm not sure if they will want to eat Mexican food ever again, but they seemed to enjoy it, at least in front of their host.  

Our very own taco bar!  Sometimes I really miss Taco Bell.  


Pictures on our roof at sunset.

No comments: