Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weather forcast - chance of rain, followed by dust

Ok, where we're from, when things get a little dry or the sky is filled with pollen and other lovely things to cause allergies, the rain will come and wash it all away. Here, it's just the opposite. We had rain for the first time since, what, March of last year? It was wonderful. A nice storm blew in and it was windy and rainy, just like Fall. Then the rain stopped, and the sun went down, and as the sun was setting, the sky filled with a glowing orange color.

At first I thought the orange was beautiful, I thought it was a really wild sunset. But then we started to smell the dust. I looked outside and you could no longer see the buildings past our street. The streetlights were beginning to glow with a haze outlining their light. I could feel the dust in my teeth and throat as I stood near the window. We were experiencing a dust storm, a big one. We think the storm blew in the dust as well as the rain. Unfortunately, the rain got everything nice and wet so the dust could stick and make everything look nice and dirty. Yuck. We were just thankful we shut our windows in our house in time before we got a layer of dust everywhere. We ran out of Pledge last week.

No comments: