
...you never know what you're going to get. Daniel promised me that one day he would find soy beans (edamame) in the frozen food section of our favorite grocery store. I used to have no hope of that actually happening, but then lately they started carrying tofu, so there became a glimmer of hope. When we recently went home for a quick trip to the states, I went through at least three bags of the frozen edamame in the shells. I didn't share.
Well, the day finally came. Daniel and Noah and I were at the store when Daniel came and dropped two things in the cart for me. One, a bag of frozen soy beans!!! Well, they are actually called soyA beans here. But soy sauce is also called soya sauce. Hmmm. Anyway, I was thrilled!! We checked the price, it was reasonable. And then I saw the second item he had gotten. Ben and Jerry's frozen yogurt!! For UNDER $7! It was still about $5, but we splurged.
Needless to say, it was a good day at the grocery store. Like I've said before, it's the little things here that can make our day.
So, that brings us to the next time I headed to our favorite little grocery store that is slowly learning to import all things wonderful. I headed straight for the frozen food section and searched for our soya beans and Chocolate Fudge Brownie frozen yogurt only to find that, alas, they were gone.
Who knows when they will make another debut in the freezers alongside the frozen peas, carrots and crab sticks (labeled "crap sticks" - remember, they always confuse the 'p' and the 'b' - hilarious), we will just have to keep hope alive and realize that shopping here brings a little extra adventure to our lives. "What will we come home with today?!?!"
Throw out your shopping lists people, and live life on the edge.
2 comments:
oh my goodness, that is hilarious! I hope they get some more edamame soon!
Lindsey! I know, it's quite the adventure around here. Thanks for keeping us with us - hope you are feeling good!
Post a Comment