I think I've mentioned earlier that people don't have mailboxes at their homes here. The government just recently (in the last year) began to put numbers to mark addresses on the buidlings! And of most of the friends here I ask, a lot will have a P.O. box but will rarely check it for mail. They mostly just receive bank statements now and then. So how do we get all of our important mail like bills, and advertisements, and coupons??? On the front door of the building, of course! That little bundle of paper in the door in the picture above is a collection of electric bills for all of the apartments in our building. It comes faithfully every month and our landlord hand delivers the bills to us, commenting on how much our bill has increased or decreased over each period. She will also comment on the other tenants bills to us occasionally. Gossip is pretty much a part of life over here.
Oh, and don't worry about the other important documents. We get fliers and coupons galore littered around our door and entrance to our apartment building daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment