He just had to do it. He had to read the article in the NY Times online and then he had to tell me about it. Thanks a lot.
Well, as the article informed us, there is this arab guy who grew up on an ARAMCO compound in Saudi Arabia and enjoyed eating his American friends' cookies and cupcakes better than his mom's arab pastries. He ended up training as a pastry chef in New York and has since opened up a few bakeries in the Middle East with American-style cupcakes and cheesecakes.
We planned to have a girl's night out with some American friends to go test out the bakery last week but a few girls got sick and we cancelled. Of course, I had been thinking about those cupcakes all day and I really wanted one, so I asked Daniel to go and check it out for me (he had the business car and was out and about - and he's a good husband!). He came back with a box of goodies, some to share with neighbors. That night, I slowly ate and thoroughly enjoyed a 'Pink Cadillac' (white cupcake with icing with strawberry chunks) and a Carrot Cake cupcake. That's right, TWO cupcakes in one night. It was awesome!
I consider this my first craving because I really haven't craved anything yet during the pregnancy. But after tasting Sugar Daddy's cupcakes, I have found the possibly one and only craving I need for baby number one. Mmmmmm.

No comments:
Post a Comment