Sunday, January 11, 2009

Water, anyone?

  We live in one of the poorest water countries in the world.  It's one of the biggest problems here and people are always talking about it.  There are pipes that bring water up from the nearest port, but the the pipes are so old that over 40% of the water is lost before it gets to our city over 2,500 feet above sea level.  There are many projects going on to help the situation (bringing in water from a bordering country, repairs, redesigns, etc.).  The picture below is of Daniel standing next to our very own water supply on our roof.  Every home has water pumped in to tanks like these once a week.  We are fortunate and have a rather large tank along with the other apartments in our building.  We've only run out once so far and we think that's because the tank wasn't completely full when we moved in.  Needless to say, we don't drink the water.  

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Do you buy purified water or just buy bottled?

Daniel, Laura and Noah said...

We have a water cooler - you know, like a culligan thing going on. How are you????

Unknown said...

Ok, well, I can finally blog b/c it says under choose an identity that I am signed in under "Neil"... I had written something once and then couldn't get it to post... you know, I struggle with this type of thing. Seriously, though, under some (Ok, the only other one I check besides yours) it has anonymous and then you can sign your name?... I'll have to figure this out. The point is, Daniel, GET OFF THE ROOF!?

Miss you guys-------Josh