In May we celebrated Daniel's birthday, Mother's Day, and early anniversary with a 3-day family trip to the Dead Sea. It was Noah's first time to swim since he was 3 months old. He really got in to the excitement of the trip. He loved getting his sunscreen applied, his hat and swimsuit and floaties on. But he didn't necessarily love the swimming thing. At least on the first day. But he warmed up to it and even got a little daring and jumped off the side of the pool to us by day three.

Just chillin' in the baby pool.
June - Daniel was gone most of the month taking tour groups around the country. Noah and I hung out with friends and took lots of trips to the grocery store. He might turn in to a piece of fruit - he eats so much of it. Our friend Rami got married so Daniel and I got a night out together with another arab couple we know. It was a great wedding, outdoor by a pool with lots of loud arabic music and dancing. And smoke. Even at the table with this friend and I, both expecting and really showing. People don't think about the effects of second hand smoke around here much. The other day I was getting a haircut and the lady sitting next to me lit up a cigarette. At first I violently waved a magazine in front of my face. Finally I spoke to her in Arabic, "Excuse me, check out my huge belly, do you mind?" She was nice enough to put out her smoke and smile at me.
July - Daniel had another tour group - here for two weeks. Here he is taking a picture of himself on his phone in the Dead Sea. It really is such a cool experience to float the way you do in all that salty water. If you haven't made it here for a visit yet - you should come! His groups have had a great time getting to see the sights and engaging with lots of local people from all backgrounds. We even had the last group take an arab cooking lesson and I got to join them! It was a great experience. And yummy.
July - Daniel had another tour group - here for two weeks. Here he is taking a picture of himself on his phone in the Dead Sea. It really is such a cool experience to float the way you do in all that salty water. If you haven't made it here for a visit yet - you should come! His groups have had a great time getting to see the sights and engaging with lots of local people from all backgrounds. We even had the last group take an arab cooking lesson and I got to join them! It was a great experience. And yummy. 
No comments:
Post a Comment