Friday, January 21, 2011

Egypt

Cairo was a really interesting city, and if you ignored the smog that hung in the air and coated most of the buildings, it was really beautiful, too. It looked less like a Middle Eastern city, and reminded me more of the Bronx in the 50's (at least what I've seen from movies). I loved the architecture and walking around the downtown area. It is so different to what we see here everyday - white square buildings.
We took a felucca boat ride down the Nile River after lunch on one of the many barges sitting on the river. Our taxi driver for the afternoon had a family felucca business so he took us to his father's boat. I don't know if most tourists have to make the climb like we did down these scary stairs to our boat. Thankfully, they had a big cooler for us to step onto from the stairs. Yikes.

Ever wanted to work out at a Gold's Gym on the Nile River?
Hotels and more hotels along the river.


No comments: