Last weekend Daniel ran his first half-marathon. The race was run along the highway to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth. We were thinking it would be all down-hill, but we were wrong. Good thing there was plenty of entertainment along the way to keep the spirits up. But not the kind of entertainment you might expect to see at a marathon. I mean, I've heard of fun (can the word fun really be used to describe a marathon?) marathons where there are live bands playing every mile. This race was a little different.
I really wish Daniel had carried a camera like a lot of the runners I saw along the drive down to the finish line. That way he would have been able to capture all of the things crossing the road in front of him as he ran. Like a bedouin woman leading some goats. Or a man and his camel. Yep. Just your average site on your average road in the Middle East.
I'm proud of my hubby for the great job he did on his first race!

Is it me, or is this guy running the wrong way?

A picture taken from the car while sitting in some bumper to bumper traffic on the way down to the finish line.

Noah was so proud!

Some rapping (in arabic) at the after-party

2 comments:
this is hilarious. Love the middle east marathons.
Way to go Daniel!
And way to go Noah and mama for supporting him at the finish line!
Love you guys
wow, congrats Daniel - that's so awesome you ran it!! I would pay to hear your internal dialogue as the miles wore on (and the herds made you take extra steps to avoid them when you're already low on energy)... ;-)
You 3 look so great, love the family shot!
Post a Comment